DIGITAL CONTENT SPECIALIST
Bell’s Brewery, Inc., Comstock, Mich. — May 2015 thru present
- Help manage social media accounts for the 7th largest craft brewery in America across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Create content daily, including photos, videos and blog posts, to share on social media and for internal use.
- Focus on telling stories, including videos that explore our brands and behind the scenes at the brewery to connect our customers with the people who make the beer.
- Work quickly to publish content in real time, including live videos and social media stories.
- Implemented collaborative tools for planning social media, including a digital asset management platform across the company.
- Develops relationships to stay on top of production schedules and other company events for social media content as well as internal company use.
- Found creative ways to engage Bell’s fans as well as introduce the brand to new people, including social media campaigns and engaging with followers to share user generated content.
STATEWIDE NEWS BUZZ REPORTER
MLive Media Group, Lansing, Mich. — March 2013 thru May 2015
- Reported news through writing, photography and videography, as well as innovative story forms such as interactive databases, maps and slideshows.
- Managed social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Helped coordinate statewide news coverage with 10 offices across Michigan, including a year-long project honoring living World War II veterans.
- Wrote several stories a day on a wide range of topics, including Michigan’s Congressional delegation, elections, culture and breaking news.
- Took professional photos and videos while reporting, which were picked up in state and national publications.
- Traveled around Michigan and helped organize a series searching for the best pizza, doughnuts and craft breweries, resulting in statewide interest in winners.
MLive Media Group, Kalamazoo, Mich. — Feb. 2012 thru March 2013
- Contributed to producing election coverage for Michigan’s 6th Congressional District and Kalamazoo County.
- Wrote analysis of local politics and elections in Southwest Michigan.
- Broke political news picked up by national publications.
- Provided breaking news across different mediums.
Kalamazoo Gazette, Kalamazoo, Mich. — Jan. 2010 thru Feb. 2012
- Took and edited photos, produced videos and wrote stories on breaking news as well as feature projects.
- Aggregated web articles from different media sources that were relevant to the local audience.
- Added web-only content for other reporters’ stories.
- Managed the website early in the morning, delivering content during peak viewing periods.
- Able to multitask, providing both written and visual content for social media on a regular and consistent basis.
- Writes and produces multimedia content well and accurately under deadline.
- Shoots and produces photos and video, remotely and in real time, but also long-term projects.
- Manages several social media accounts, including tailoring content for specific networks, scheduling posts and interacting with readers.
- Knowledgeable of web-based content providers and social networking mediums.
- Develops new ways of telling stories and conveying information.
- Quickly learns new technologies and programs to implement in projects.
- Tracks tasks and events for a social media content calendar.
- Stays on top of current events to make sure social media content is relevant.
- Proficient in data analysis and creating searchable databases with public records.
- Finds, edits and presents large amounts of data for presentation.
- Social media management
- Engagement with social media followers
- Final Cut Pro
- Graphic design
- Microsoft Excel
- Wade H. McCree Jr. Award for the Advancement of Justice from the State Bar of Michigan for a series analyzing the decline in the number of police officers and how it effects crime.
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Mich. Majors: Latin, History; Minor: Creative Writing
- Elizabeth Giedman Award in Classics, April 2009
- Dean’s Scholarship, 2006-2010
- Kalamazoo Scholars Recognition Award, 2006-2010
COLLEGE ACTIVITIES AND INTERNSHIPS
- Intern, Kalamazoo Gazette
- Intern, Jackson Citizen Patriot
- News editor, Western Herald
- Radio host, WIDR